Palo Alto Proxy Server VM

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Palo Alto Proxy Server VM

I have a Tech Note for the YouTube for Schools and Google, Bing, and Yahoo SafeSearch. However, I cannot seem to find the VM for the proxy server that Palo Alto has created.

Is there a link for this somewhere?

6 REPLIES 6

L6 Presenter

you mean using paloalto VM as a proxy server ? (That is not supported)

L6 Presenter

Hi Louis,

PANW-VM and regular firewall as same from configuration point of view.

Tech-note for Youtube,Google,Bing and Yahoo Safe search will work for PANW-FM as well.

VM can act as web proxy with DNAT  if its a exit point for internet.

Let me know for additional queries.

Rgards,

Hardik Shah

I did not mean using the Palo Alto VM as a proxy, but apparently Palo Alto had created a VM based upon Ubuntu and Squid which was used as a proxy server. There is a TechNote called "YouTube for Schools-TechNotes-RevF" that describes this VM. I have a feeling it is no longer supported or used.

Hi ;Louis,

I didnt find the tech note, most likely they have revoked it.

Do you have a link to download ?

Regards,

Hardik Shah

No, I don't have an active link. I received an email from a colleague who had previously emailed someone from Palo Alto who sent it to him. I have a feeling it is revoked as well.

ITs gone than Smiley Happy

• 6 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!