Palo Alto Slow

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Palo Alto Slow

L0 Member

Hello all,
I am having a little problem of slow when I browse the web interface of the Palo Alto (very slow loading pages ...)
Do you have an explanation for that?
My version of PAN OS Software Version 4.0.14
thank you

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

L5 Sessionator

Hi,

Run "show system resources | match srvr" and just "show system resources"

1st command should provide you with memory used by management-server and device server, check if those are high.

2nd command will give you information regarding swap memory used and also the wait time (wa x%), check if that is high

If any of them is high, try restarting your management server and see if that makes any difference.

Hope that helps.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

L6 Presenter

is this issue new or after upgrade or something ?

did you try to restart management server?

Additionally, you can also clear your browser's cache to see if that might clear up the issue.

L4 Transporter

Also, I think it is important to understand what hardware platform you are running, what screens/pages are loading slowly for you.

For example.   I have a PA-2050 that when I first configured it, all was working fine.

As I continue to add more rules the security policy page gets slower as it takes time to read the entire page etc.

Unless someone comes back to tell me this is abnormal, I am pretty sure this is working as intended.

L4 Transporter

If you are indeed a PA 2k or 4k, then you might experience gui slowness. These are the "older" models and in some cases the management plane is not powerful enough.

This can be caused by a lot of things, a lot of User-ID that needs to be done, or even a lot of logging. If you have a few k of logs every minute then you'll notice slowness in the gui, since it is the mgmt plane that does all the logging.

L5 Sessionator

Hi,

Run "show system resources | match srvr" and just "show system resources"

1st command should provide you with memory used by management-server and device server, check if those are high.

2nd command will give you information regarding swap memory used and also the wait time (wa x%), check if that is high

If any of them is high, try restarting your management server and see if that makes any difference.

Hope that helps.

"show system resources follow" is also useful.

keep an eye on the wa%, as this reflects the amount of time the system is waiting on i/o. It ought to keep in low single figures.

the mangement, device and logs servers will be busy.

" less mp-log mp-monitor.log"  "less mp-log mp-monitor.log.0" etc will let you look at a record of system state the devices keep. It includes the show system resources output, and its useful if you want to see how your system has behaved over time. if you have not used "less", before, its a pager tool from linux/unix. google 'man less' for details. forward slash / for search forward, ? for search backwards are handy.

• 1 accepted solution
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!