Palo Alto Vmware image

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Palo Alto Vmware image

Not applicable

Hi,

I am planning to replace my company's firewalls with Palo alto instead of Checkpoint however I need try it out in a lab or something before I provide further information to my management team, Is there a way I can get a vmware image to try it out on Esxi,???

Thnx

Krishna

3 REPLIES 3

L0 Member

Hi Krishna,

we just replaced out firewall last week by a PaloAlto system.

I did not hear of a VM image for testing before.

I know that there is a possible guest GUI login available to a demo system to see how the GUI looks like.

Also we were asked if we would like to have a real system for testing for e.g. 2-4 weeks.

-> The system will get data traffic via e.g. port mirroring a firewall port or can be switched transparently into a live wire

-> You can then use the system to see how the FW administration and the data inspection works

The best method for obtaining either a physical or virtual unit for testing things would be contact a reseller or contact your PAN SE and discuss it with them. The VM is only available normally to those who have purchased it.

L4 Transporter

Contact your local reseller/dealer and ask - in most cases, they have loan units you can stick in in virtual wire mode and observe without distracting from your existing configuration.

Helped me make the decision the first time I saw them, that's for sure!

• 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!