Pan Agent Clear clear user-cache all issue

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Pan Agent Clear clear user-cache all issue

L4 Transporter

Hello,

I've an issue with a cluster of PA500 running PANOS 4.1.7.

I'm using User Agent (release 4.1.5-1 installed on two 2008R2 servers) to authenticate users.

When I clear the user cache (with the command 'clear user-cache all') on the firewall, the cache is NEVER populated again.

All users are marked as 'unknown' in the output of the command 'show user ip-user-mapping' and the only way to return to a working configuration is to restart the UserID Agent on the servers.

Any idea ??

Regards,

Hedi

1 REPLY 1

L0 Member

The following commands give you an idea about the connection status and the 'health' of your agents

show user user-id-agent statistics

show user user-id-agent state all

A restart of the agents should not be necessary, a device server restart should bring up the communication again:

debug software restart device-server

• 1 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!