PAN platnium support

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

PAN platnium support

L4 Transporter

I have Platnium support with PAN and I opened a TAC case yesterday evening explicitly requesting TAC support Monday-Friday between 8am-5pm US EST.  The case went to APAC TAC and he said that he is looking into the issue.  I sent me an email to tell him that need "TAC support Monday-Friday between 8am-5pm EST".  Got an email back from TAC that "I am realigning this case to one of my peers who works in Eastern time as per your request". 

This morning, the case is assigned to another TAC engineer who is in CEST (Central Europe EST) and he only works Tuesday through Friday.  WTF.....

Don't these guys read the service request first to understand the customer request? 

5 REPLIES 5

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

Hello,

I would recommend contacting your sales team and have them look into it for you. Or you can call in and just ask the engineer that answers to take over the case.

Regards,

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@dtran,
I think Tier 1 is pretty limited in who they can actually select to take your case to be honest. They also wouldn't be reading your case until it gets assigned under normal situations. Your first engineer is just going to be assigned the case from the pool, and then they can really only assign that case to a different region as far as I'm aware. I don't think they can get so granular with it as you requested.

I agree with @OtakarKlier though, your sales team is the best person to advocate for you on any support concerns. They've been trying to get someone assigned as fast as possible to work cases, and part of that is assigning the case to whatever engineer can take the first look at it. I don't think it looks good for their metrics to reassign a case without any contact, so they're likely hesitant to immediately requeue it to someone else. 

L4 Transporter

@BPry:  You are missing the point. 

I took a considerable time to write up in the ticket of what I would like to request.  I explicitly requested in the ticket that "I would like to work with a TAC engineer in the US Eastern timezone M-F 8am-5pm EST" at the very beginning of the request.  What not too hard to understand about this request?  The first TAC engineer assigned to the ticket is from APAC.  He could have read the ticket and replied back to me with the email that "Dear customer, we read your request and we will re-queue your request to a TAC engineer in the US Eastern timezone".  After that, he could re-queue the service request.  Simple, right?

Well, not only he didn't read the request, he replied back and said that he takes ownership of the ticket.  I emailed him back and told him I don't want to work with him because he is on the APAC and I am on US Eastern timezone.  He replied back and said he understood my request (after reading through what I explicitly put in the request itself) and re-queued the ticket.  Five hours later, I got an email from a new TAC engineer assigned to the ticket but he is on Central European Timezone (+5 hours ahead of US Eastern timezone).  I had to call back and told them I need a US Eastern timezone and they finally assigned to an engineer in the US Eastern timezone. 

In other words, it took three emails and two different phone calls to TAC to get what I originally requested in my Service Request.  That's so F! up with platnium support.

Does platinum support still use tier 1 response, or does it get to a different queue?

L4 Transporter

PAN support has a lot of the TAC engineers that you just scratch your head and wonder why they are the TAC engineers in the first place.  Lot of them just don't understand the basic tcp/ip networking 101.  Even at the platnium support.  I am just speechless 🙄

• 5 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!