PAN-VM license upgrade from eval to full with HA setup

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

PAN-VM license upgrade from eval to full with HA setup

Not applicable

Hi,

I have two PAN-VMs in HA setup running on eval license and just got my full license Auth code but it seems like going from eval license to full license  can not be done seamless. I have read about the cloning procedure but need to know how I should proceed with an HA setup in a way that I have minimum interruptions.

Appreciate any help on this.

Thanks 

1 REPLY 1

L3 Networker

Suspend one HA Node.

shutdown the Firewall

Clone the Device -> and boot up the cloned Device

this way your Eval License will get invalid and you are able to register it with your Auth code.

Make the Device functional again.

Trigger a failover (suspend the other Node)

Do the same like above.

This way you will have almost no interruptions.

Keep in mind that the VM Firewalls only support HA Lite which means you have no session sync (HA2 Link)

and all sessions must start new after a failover.

Regards

Marco

• 1 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!