Panorama 4.0.3

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Panorama 4.0.3

Not applicable

I am having issues with commits that never complete and my jobs being "stuck" after I upgrade to Panorama 4.0.3. Here are th jobs I have after I reboot...

Enqueued                     ID             Type    Status Result Completed--------------------------------------------------------------------------2011/06/20 16:45:43           5    report-pusher      PEND   PEND        0%
2011/06/20 16:45:41           4 panorama-log-fwd-ctrl-composite       ACT   PEND        33%
2011/06/20 16:45:37           3          AutoCom       FIN     OK 16:45:43
2011/06/20 16:45:13           2      UpdateLicDb       FIN     OK 100 %
2011/06/20 16:45:07           1 panorama-log-fwd-ctrl-composite       FIN     OK 100 %

It has been about 15 minutes since I upgraded and rebooted and these jobs are still stuck. Also I noticed the CPU in the GUI is pegged at 100% and has been since the upgrade.

I went from 3.1.8 to 4.0.1 then to 4.0.3. 4.0.1 had the same cpu issue. My VM is running in ESX 4.x with 4GB memory and 2 ghz proc. Anyone else having similar issues with 4.0.1 or 4.0.3 in panorama? I have tried reverting the OS but the job just hangs. I have a ticket open with support, but wanted to post it on the forums as well.

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

Retired Member
Not applicable

There is a log migration that will occur during the first boot into 4.0.0 which is expected. This log migration can take a very long time depending on how extensive logs are. It could even take few hours. Once that log migration is completed, then CPU should return to normal. You can check if log migration is the culprit with below CLI command:

less mp-log mp-monitor.log

Use "/pan_logdb_migra" to see if that is the process that is running high.

-Richard

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Retired Member
Not applicable

There is a log migration that will occur during the first boot into 4.0.0 which is expected. This log migration can take a very long time depending on how extensive logs are. It could even take few hours. Once that log migration is completed, then CPU should return to normal. You can check if log migration is the culprit with below CLI command:

less mp-log mp-monitor.log

Use "/pan_logdb_migra" to see if that is the process that is running high.

-Richard

That was it! I let it churn over night and sure enough everything fine in the morning. Thanks.

• 1 accepted solution
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!