Panorama Botnet View

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Panorama Botnet View

Not applicable

Hi All,

Where do you find the Botnet monitor and reports for firewalls running 4.x from a Panorama interface running 4.x? And minimum level permission is required in order to see these Botnet reports?

Appreciate the assistance.

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

L4 Transporter

The Botnet report is not present in Panorama.

It is only on the devices, however you can switch context to a device to view the local Botnet report if needed.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

L5 Sessionator

Botnet reports should be located under Monitor > PDF Reports > Reports > Threat Reports (on the right) > Botnet.

If using an admin role one will need permissions to view Monitor as well as Threat Reports.

L4 Transporter

The Botnet report is not present in Panorama.

It is only on the devices, however you can switch context to a device to view the local Botnet report if needed.

when I switch context to a device to view the local Botnet report, it only shows if I am logged in as a local admin; we use Radius authentication, and if I am logged in using my admin account authenticating through Radius, Botnet, Packet Capture and Session Browser don't show up;

However, they do if I am logged in using the same Radius account on the local device.

Is this a Panorama bug?

Thank you

When you log into Panorama, the windowed connections to the specific devices are proxied by Panorama and not under you own login.  You don't need to have any local accounts or RADIUS setup on the devices managed by Panorama, it can manage them via the Panorama connection without local accounts on the devices.

Steve Puluka BSEET - IP Architect - DQE Communications (Metro Ethernet/ISP)
ACE PanOS 6; ACE PanOS 7; ASE 3.0; PSE 7.0 Foundations & Associate in Platform; Cyber Security; Data Center

L3 Networker

I cannot then explain that when logged on Panorama using the local admin account, and changing the context to firewall, Botnet, Packet Capture is displayed; but, if logged in as radius admin and change context, these tabs are hidden.

Please check the admin role & the Access Control (Device Group, Template, & Device Context) for the radius admin account.  Make sure you have given access for the radius admin.  Thanks.

• 1 accepted solution
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!