Panorama can't proxy web interface after upgrade to 8.1.16

Highlighted
L4 Transporter

Panorama can't proxy web interface after upgrade to 8.1.16

Upgraded Panorama to 8.1.16.  No issues with the upgrade.

Upgraded all our PA-220s to 8.1.16.  No issues with the upgrade.

Upgraded our PA-5220s to 8.1.16 (from 8.1.9-h4).  If I connect directly to the management IP, I can login to the web interface.  If I use Panorama's drop-down list to switch to the firewall, it gives a "createRemoteAppwebSession: response code received 302" error with a "Switch to Panorama" link that takes me back to the Panorama interface.

Pushing commits to the PA-5220s works.  And direct logins work.  But Panorama links to the firewall web GUIs fails.

Rebooting the Panorama instance doesn't help.

Anyone come across anything similar?  Google searches for that error message just bring up captive portal redirect stuff.

Highlighted
L4 Transporter

Correction:  looks like we can't use the drop-down list for switching to *any* of the firewalls running 8.1.16, from Panorama 8.1.16.

Guess I'll open a support ticket for this. 

Edit:  Case #01569614 opened.

Highlighted
L3 Networker

Me too facing the same issue,

After Firewall Upgrade to 8.1.16, The panorama is neither able to load the firewall-context nor even able to update definitions.

Model 3060

Panorama M-100

Highlighted
L0 Member

We have same problem with:

- panorama virtual appliance

- PA 820

Highlighted
L0 Member

same here.

820 and 220, about 10 firewalls! 

Highlighted
L4 Transporter

Yeah, looks like it's a bug. They're working on it.

Suggested workaround is to downgrade to 8.1.15-h3 if you need to switch context in Panorama.

Highlighted
L3 Networker

Hope its bugs.

PAN-93193

Please check and update..

Highlighted
L4 Transporter

Hrm, we were given a different bug number:  PAN-154181.

Highlighted
L4 Transporter

Possibly related to this, Google Chrome 85 is not able to login to Panorama 8.1.16 or 8.1.15-h3 through a NAT connection.  Chrome 84 and earlier have no issues logging into Panorama (regardless of version).  And, using an SSH tunnel to get to the same subnet as the Panorama server, Chrome 85 is able to login right away.

Fill in username and password, hit login, is shows the "Creating administrative session..." message, then goes to a blank screen with the spinning icon on the tab, and sits there indefinitely.  Chrome eventually pops up the "unresponsive page" dialog where you can kill it or wait.

Firefox has no issues logging in through a NAT connection, so I'm leaning toward an issue in Chrome 85.  But it only cropped up after upgrading to Panorama 8.1.16, and persisted after downgrading to 8.1.15-h3.

Chrome 85 on Windows or Linux fails to login.  Chrome 84 on Windows and Linux logs in fine.  Firefox 80 on Windows and Linux login fine.

Highlighted
L0 Member

Same issue. Panorama at 8.1.16 is unable to switch context to target devices running 8.1.16.

It is however able to switch context to firewalls still runing 8.1.15-h3.

Tags (1)
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the Live Community as a whole!

The Live Community thanks you for your participation!