Panorama CLI questions

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Panorama CLI questions

L4 Transporter

Had a couple of questions regarding some CLI commands for Panorama

Panorama version 4.1.0

Devices are a mix of 4.0.4, 4.0.7 and 4.1.0

Is there a way to update licensing information for the firewalls from the Panorama CLI

request batch license info  shows the existing licenses associated to the Panorama managed devices but does not update for the new devices added to the configuration.

When I run request config-backup device {device_name} running-config I get an error that the device name is not found. when I attempt to tab complete to get the names I do not get a list of device names or serial numbers. Am I using the command correctly? Has this command been depricated but is still included?

What is the CLI command to download the latest dynamic update to Panorama for distribution? request batch antivirus eligible file {filename} only shows infomration on files that have been downloaded and I have not found a way to download the update for use with dynamic updates except through the web interface.

Additionally, and I know this is a feature request for Panorma, it would be really helpful to be able to point servers to Panorama to provide dynamic updates and licensing information (as a proxy). That way updates could be downloaded to one location in a network and then passed along to the individual firewalls. The process could be set to automatically make updates available for download by the servers or have the update download and be manually approved after review. Any possibility of that happening?

Thanks

James

1 REPLY 1

L4 Transporter

1) Assuming the configuration containing the new devices has been commited try the following commands

> request batch license refresh devices <device SN>

> request batch license info

2) I am able to tab out a list of devices(serial numbers) on a 4.1 Panorama at the following prompt

> request config-backup device <tab>

3) Here is output from commands to download dynamic updates

admin@Panorama> request batch anti-virus check
File                  Size          Released on Downloaded  Installed

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

panup-all-antivirus-620-842    82MB 2011/11/24  17:09:27         no         no

panup-all-antivirus-619-841    81MB 2011/11/23  17:10:27         no         no

panup-all-antivirus-618-840    81MB 2011/11/22  17:11:51         no         no

panup-all-antivirus-617-839    81MB 2011/11/21  17:17:21         no         no

panup-all-antivirus-616-838    81MB 2011/11/20  17:23:09         no         no

admin@Panorama> request batch anti-virus download file <tab>

panup-all-antivirus-616-838  panup-all-antivirus-616-838

panup-all-antivirus-617-839  panup-all-antivirus-617-839

panup-all-antivirus-618-840  anup-all-antivirus-618-840

panup-all-antivirus-619-841  panup-all-antivirus-619-841

panup-all-antivirus-620-842   panup-all-antivirus-620-842

<value>                       antivirus filename

admin@Panorama> request batch anti-virus download file panup-all-antivirus-620-842

Download job enqueued with jobid 100

4) It seems that part of this request already exists in Panorama - deploying dynamic updates through Panorama to devices. Please contact your local Palo Alto Networks sales team in order to file the feature request.

Hopefully I have answered all your questions. Please let me know if you need any further clarification.

Regards,

Stefan

• 1 replies
  • 1 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!