Panorama doesn't load on firefox

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Panorama doesn't load on firefox

L2 Linker

Hi All,

I have been struggling with this issue for few months now.

The panorama VM site just doesn't load on my system, using firefox browser. It shows blank white page and after few refreshes of the page (and praying - please load this time), it finally loads but way too slow to be functional.

I have tried changing browsers, as many suggested, but same thing on chrome.

Some suspect that my network connection is the problem, but when I do internet speed test, it shows 13Mbps as download and ~2Mbps as upload speed with 21ms latency which is fare enough.

Any help with what else could I try would be appreciated. Or if anyone encountered similar issues and willing to share insights.

Panorama version: 9.0.1

Thanks,

Fatema

6 REPLIES 6

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

Good Day

I have experienced similar issues, and unfortunately, it does come down to browser updates and configuration.

My recommendation is to with Chrome, and go back 5 versions and see if that level of Chrome works.

Then stick with it, and do not let the browser upgrade.  It is these upgrades that are creating the challenges.

I would also suggest getting off 9.0.1 and up to 9.0.4 or higher... I had issues with 9.0.0, so trust me.. move off that version.

Good luck is what I can suggest for now.  😕

Help the community: Like helpful comments and mark solutions

Thanks Steve, looks like running an out of date browser would not be the best solution for the PA customers security wise, and PA should consider resolving these issues of panorama with latest versions of browsers.

This seems like just a bandage and a temporary fix, and might not work for long term, as for the customers who have stringent policies against running out of date software could become a challenge for long run.

Downgrading browsers for PA compatibility is risky, and sounds to me like PA needs some catch up to be done with latest and greatest technology in the market.

Anycase thanks for the pointers we will look into upgrading to at least 9.0.4 or above.

Fatema

@Fatema 

I ran Panorama in our lab on below  Chrome version  and no issues.

Version 80.0.3987.149 (Official Build) (64-bit)

I did test on Panorama version 9.0.1.
Please test with above chrome version if you can.

Regards
MP

Help the community: Like helpful comments and mark solutions.

Thanks @MP18 

I also checked with my Firefox (80.0.1) and Chrome (85.0.4183.102) and they both work as well.

@Fatema I think my comments are that the BROWSER is the issue and not PANW and its gui.

Both MP18 and I have latest browsers, so there is "something", a config, a setting, an addon, whatever, that is causing the issue.

My suggestion was to help you be able to manage your Panorama, as it sounded like you have zero access/ability to manage it.

We are here to help where we can. 

Help the community: Like helpful comments and mark solutions

L1 Bithead

Hi Fatema,

Have you tried restarting the web server and management server services on Panorama?

debug software restart process websrvr

debug software restart process mgmtsrvr

You might want to tab out the process name I don't recall if there is a dash in there. Also the only impact you should notice is that while mgmtsrvr is restarting, all administrators logged into CLI or WebUI will be kicked off for the duration of the process restart. 

Hi MP18

I have chrome Version 85.0.4183.83 (Official Build) (64-bit), and do not have any additional plugins installed.

The panorama web interface sometimes load and sometimes don't. Most importantly, when I try to go to individual firewall's web UI through panorama, it just loads with a white screen.

Also, I am using Firefox Version 63.0.3 (64-bit), and have disabled auto-updating for now.

Thanks for testing it out. Appreciate it.

-Fatema

• 6 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!