Panorama license limit

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Panorama license limit

L4 Transporter

Does anyone know if a customer owns a Panorama 25 device license and wants to add device #26, will it not allow them to add the 26th device or will it?

Thx

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

You can trust my data since I am the PM for Panorama Smiley Happy

The VM version of Panorama does not currently enforce a limit for the number of managed devices. Technically this means that if you exceed your max that you would not have the correct support or device management license. You should have the correct licenses for the number of devices under management.

Note: This changes with the appliance version and commit will fail if you exceed the amount of devices under management based on your device management license.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

L4 Transporter

Good question. Note : a HA cluster of 2 devices counts as 1 licence.

Got another question to complete your own one : is there a count of remaining free licences somewhere ?

Edit: PM said a HA cluster counts as 2 devices

Technically, that statement is incorrect. Each device in an HA pair will be counted against the total number of devices managed in Panorama.

Hi Mike,

Could you please help me with my questions above? Will the user be able to add device #26 in a 25 device license Panorama?

Thanks

A year ago, presales who helped me to size Panorama told me I would be large with 25 licences and 15 HA cluster.

I guess one of you is wrong and I need to figure this out as I am about to deploy 3 clusters next week , it could mean that I won't have enough licences

I just checked and I have 27 appliances running fine on my 25 licences. So Panorama doesn't check that or count HA cluster as 1.

You can trust my data since I am the PM for Panorama Smiley Happy

The VM version of Panorama does not currently enforce a limit for the number of managed devices. Technically this means that if you exceed your max that you would not have the correct support or device management license. You should have the correct licenses for the number of devices under management.

Note: This changes with the appliance version and commit will fail if you exceed the amount of devices under management based on your device management license.

Great news , I won't have to postpone my deployments next week.

Bad news , my boss will be sad to learn we must buy more licences.

I will make sure my presale learns about this

Thanks Mike for the clarification.

• 1 accepted solution
  • 8 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!