Panorama: PDF export full of HTML code

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Panorama: PDF export full of HTML code

L4 Transporter

Update 2:  This is almost completely fixed in 8.1.16, with only one column showing [object Object] instead of a value.  See this post for details.

Update 1:  This is still not fixed in 8.1.12, although the issue is slightly different.  See this post for details.

Panorama 8.1.10 (running in VMWare ESXi 6.5 if that makes a difference)

All PDF and CSV exports of Security Policies, NAT Policies, etc are useless.  All the headings and names are shown correctly, but everything in the cells themselves are just HTML code and JavaScript code.  See attached image.

Anyone else seeing this?  Anyone have a version with a working PDF/CSV export for Policies?PDF-export-NAT-Policies.png

15 REPLIES 15

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

Hello there.

I have seen this in different versions.  One customer stated it worked for him in 8.1.7, so maybe a downgrade is needed.

I tried with my 9.0.1 and it worked fine, and then at 9.0.4 it stopped working.

I tested again in 9.0.5 and it is working again. 

So, I conclude you may have an anomaly.

So, you can upgrade/downgrade.

Help the community: Like helpful comments and mark solutions

Looks like this bug was introduced in 8.1.10. In 8.1.9-h4 everything was working fine. In 8.1.11 the issue also exist...

L7 Applicator

I opened a case to ask when the fix will be ready.

Case 01305082 if someone wants to reference on.

L1 Bithead

I opened a case and was informed from our account SE the fix for this in PAN OS 8.1 is set to be included in the version release 8.1.13

Here's the note from my TAC engineer on the case, "The issue that you are facing is due to PAN-126534 which is fixed in 8.1.13/9.0.7."

Vincent Abrahamson - UW-Madison CyberSecurity Analyst
ACE PanOS 8.1

Awesome!  Thanks for the info everyone.  I guess we'll be watching for the 8.1.13 release, then.

In my case I received the information that PAN-126534 will be fixed in 8.1.12 (not 8.1.13) which will be released in mid december. In PAN-OS 9.0.5 it is already fixed.

Now running Panorama 8.1.12.  The export to CSV and PDF shows proper text now instead of HTML/Javascript code.

However, the export is essentially useless as it doesn't show Address Object names, it just shows:  [object Object]

Can't really do a print-out of the Security/NAT Policies to audit them on paper if every rule is essentially unreadable.

I've attached a sample of the NAT Policy export to PDF (the CSV looks the same). The first 9 columns are readable with Address Object names shown.  Every column after that just shows [object Object].

nat-policy-pdf-export.png

I've opened a support case for this, as it's now 3 versions later and still not fixed.

TAC has reproduced the issue and passed it along to Engineering to devise a fix.

I am on 9.0.4 and this issue still persists.

Hi there 🙂 

I am currently looking into a different instance of this same issue where the export doesn't show Address Object names, it just shows:  [object Object]

please can you send me the reference number of the case you opened, if you still have access it 

Hi @mwillemsen 

What PAN-OS Version do you have installed?

@fjwcash Did you get some informations from TAC when this will be fixed?

Regarding the issue of @fjwcash: at least in 8.1.15-h3 the issue still isn't fixed.

Yes, we have an open support case for this issue (01330259). It's been "fixed in next release" for several releases now. 🙂 It keeps getting pushed back.

Thank you 🙂 

our panorama is running 9.0.9 - so I think they must still be working on the fix for this software track as well

• 15 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!