Panorama - policies and device groups

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Panorama - policies and device groups

L0 Member

Hi All,

Does anyone know if there is a way to share policies between device groups in Panorama?  I have several HA pairs of firewalls and would like to use the device group functionality for administering each pair, and would prefer not having to create the same policies for every group.

thank you!

Andrew

2 REPLIES 2

L3 Networker

when you are configuring the policies on panorama you will see a colum for target. This is which devices will be pushed that specific rule. you can use this function to push the policies to x number of devices thus you would not have to create a rule for each group of devices.

Thanks for your reply!

When I click on Target, the only devices displayed are the firewalls within the device group context that I've selected.

What I would like to do is share policies across multiple device groups.

The reason why is that I've created a set of base policies that apply to each campus, and it would be helpful if I didn't have to recreate them for each device group.  As a work around I've been exporting the XML, copying the list of policies from one device group, pasting them into the others then importing that file back into panorama.

thanks again,

Andrew

• 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!