PanOS 4.1: User-ID transfers mappings to device, but does not display in WEB UI

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

PanOS 4.1: User-ID transfers mappings to device, but does not display in WEB UI

Not applicable

Hi all!

The other day I ran into this problem:

I have upgraded my pa-2050 to 4.1, installed User-ID on DC server, made all settings on User-ID Agent.

I have add User-ID agent's IP address in Device/User identification and it is connected now.

I can see users-to-ip mapping using CLI commands, but i cant see and select users and groups for example in Policies "user' section ->add user drop down menu.. I alsow cant see Users in Monitor/Traffic.

I have tried to reboot the device but it still doesn work Smiley Sad

Any ideas?

6 REPLIES 6

Not applicable

I forgot to write that i have checked the Use User-ID box in Zone settings..

In 4.1 the user to group mapping has been moved to the firewall.  Did you configure the "Group Mapping Settings" tab under the User-ID section?

Cheers,

Kelly

No, i did not..

Thanks for advise, i'll try to configure.

I have the same setup and the same problem. I cannot select single AD usernames as a source in the policy, selecting AD groups is working. Am I'm missing something here ?  rgds Roland

Are you using device-groups?

If so, please check that you have selected a master device / group.

Kind regards,

Paul

I am not using Device Groups.

• 6 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!