PANOS 5.0

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

PANOS 5.0

L4 Transporter

PAN seems tho have quietly released PAOS 5.0 a few days ago. Some nice new features in the release notes, but nothing beats real world feedback.5.

If you are already running it, what enhancements do you value most ? What issues do you experience ?

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

8 REPLIES 8

L6 Presenter

I havent runned it yet but from the release notes the most exciting features to me seems to be:

- Dependencies for AppID are now fixed (no more need to statically open up for web-browsing etc just because you only want to allow clients use Facebook (or whatever))..

- Full IPv6 support (incl stuff like PAN-agent etc).

- More options regarding decryption.

- Own URL-db.

L5 Sessionator

I think PAN will reveal all new staff in Ignite Conferrence, coming on next week.

L4 Transporter

bump... anyone willing to share some experiences yet ?

I have not run into any problem with 5.0 with PA200, but I don't use any advanced features at home.

For work, we have 5060 with multiple vsys.  We ran into the DP arp issue, which already addressed by 5.0.0-h1.  Using Syn Cookies in zone protection with shared gateway is still having issues (4.1.x and 5.0.x).     We have more testing to be done on 5.0...

Ernest

L2 Linker

We deployed PANOS 5.0.0 on a PA2020 recently and noticed that that the management CPU utilization suddenly spiked from a regular 10-15% to a regular 60-75% when the system is not being updated...   prior to 5.0.0, CPU utilization only spikes whenever there are updates to the definitions...

hopefully, this won't become a problem... 

- ron

I have a question about upgrade to PANOS 5.0.4

My Appliance PA 5020 have shiped to me, I start it up and see Software version is 4.1.0 . So that, i have project to demo LSVPN for my customer - Now i want upgrade my PAN to 5.0.4.

I have upgraded to 5.0.0 before, but when upgrade it alerts that Content must be 320 or below .

I haven't register the device yet because The appliance belongs to my customer. So, i wonder how to upgrade PAN without register Device.

If I must register the device, sothat how to register device.

Please help me

Thanks a lot.

• 1 accepted solution
  • 8 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!