PANOS 6.0.1 Dataplane CPU spikes that were not present in 5.0.11

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

PANOS 6.0.1 Dataplane CPU spikes that were not present in 5.0.11

L4 Transporter

Yesterday we upgraded to PANOS 6.0.1, and we're seeing something new.

Here is the dataplane of our PA4020 when it was running PANOS 5.0.11, from two days ago:

PA4020-5.0.11-Dataplane-CPU.jpg

Here's the same time frame, a day later, but with our PA4020 running 6.0.1:

PA4020-6.0.1-Dataplane-CPU.jpg

3 REPLIES 3

L7 Applicator

Hello ericgearhart,

Could you please verify all processed all jobs during that time ( show job processed) and also make sure if dynamic-updates were scheduled during that time.

Verify dp-monitor logs as per below mentioned discussion

CPU stats

As you have the time frame, when the CPU was spiking, you can actually use the ACC to see why it's doing so as what kind of traffic is causing CPU to spike up.

Helpful commands for DP CPU troubleshooting:

CLI> show running resource-monitor

CLI> show session info

CLI> show session meter

CLI> Debug data-plane pool statistics

CLI>> show counter global filter delta yes  >>>>>>>> Run this command 10 times with a 5 sec interval.

Hope this helps.

Thanks

I'll collect the data you're asking for and I haven't opened a case yet, I thought I'd just throw it out there to the forum and see if anyone else has experienced this.

Isn't it a bit weird that this is new, from 5.0.11 to 6.0 though? The same traffic patterns (huge backups) run at night, as they always have.

We need to verify the ACC report/packer rate/packet buffer utilization during that before make a conclusion. In 6.0, there are many new feature has been implemented ( compare to previous platform release 5.0.x).

Thanks

• 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!