PANOS firewall Upgrade from panaroma Error

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

PANOS firewall Upgrade from panaroma Error

L0 Member

I have paloalot firewall that is managed via panaroma. The firewall doesn't have internet connectivity and only panorama does. On the panaroma I have downloaded both the 9.1.0 base and 9.1.9 maintenance version. When trying to install 9.1.9 from panaroma I get the below error. 

Djanju_0-1626189845109.png

Image uploaded. Installation initiated. Loading into software manager.
Failed to install panos PanOS_5200-9.1.9 with following errors.
The required base image must be loaded before this image can be loaded.

Can we upload the base version using "upload only to device (do not install) " and then install the 9.1.9 from panaroma?. Or is there any alternative way to upgrade the the firewall from panaroma. 

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@Djanju Yes you need to download base image but no need to install it.

Regards

MP

Help the community: Like helpful comments and mark solutions.

Hi @MP18 , do you mean download 9.1.0 on the panaroma or the firewall ? I downloaded (both 9.1.9 and 9.1.0) on the panaroma, and then tried installing 9.1.9.

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

Hello,

Onto the firewall. It will use some of the files in that installer package when installing the 9.1.9 package.

Regards,

Is it possible to download the software in the local firewall since @Djanju  says the local firewall doesn't have internet connectivity?

@Djanju 

I personally never did PAN OS upgrade from the Panorama.

I prefer to do it locally from the firewall.

Did you done PAN OS upgrade before this from Panorama?

I will prefer to do it from firewall itself if you do not have many firewalls to upgrade.

If you firewall does not have internet connection then you can export the base version from Panorama to your PC and then import from your PC to the firewall.

Regards

MP

Help the community: Like helpful comments and mark solutions.
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!