¨Password reset is not allowed in the user's current status" for a new account

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.
Palo Alto Networks Approved
Palo Alto Networks Approved
Community Expert Verified
Community Expert Verified

¨Password reset is not allowed in the user's current status" for a new account

L1 Bithead

A new user for the support portal created a PAN account and received the activation mail and clicked the link.

User now receives the message "You account is now activated".

User forgot the password he set. When he now tries to use the password reset functionality and enters the newly created account's email address and Captcha Code the page responds with: ¨password reset is not allowed in the user's current status".

How can we reset the password?

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

Hello

Have you considered deleting the account from the CSP account and re-creating it for the user?

Help the community: Like helpful comments and mark solutions

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@daubsi,

You'd need to open an admin TAC case so that they can reset that on the backend; or as @SCantwell_IM mentioned you could just delete the user and re-create them and have them go through the process again. 

L1 Bithead

Maybe I am doing it wrong... I just deleted the account from my support account's landingpage via "Manage Users"->"Delete Users" and then "Add user to account". The user did not receive a new activation mail. Also I had no option to specify a password anywhere at all. Am I trying to do this in the wrong place? Thanks

• 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!