Peer identifier for azure is required to be set

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Peer identifier for azure is required to be set

L0 Member

I have got a tunnel set up successfully to Azure but have had to specify the peer identifier by IP address which will not be very stable.  Azure support advise that the peer identifier set by azure is dynamic and that some firewall vendors (Cisco, Juniper) do not require the peer identifier to be statically set.  On Palo Alto I got:

ike-generic event - peer identifier (type idaddr [10.1.1.2]) does not match remote AzureCloud

Please see Azure VPN with Sonicwall - peer IKE ID for details

Is there any more stable work around?

Thanks

David

3 REPLIES 3

L1 Bithead

Hi David,

I am facing the same issue with this - did you make any progress?

Thanks,

James

L6 Presenter

Since the peerid on the Azure side changes on PA side you would need to be able to identify the peer by using various means instead of IP like FQDN or email address or Key IDinstead of IP. Azure will send local ID as FQDN (i.e.azure.domain.com). PA side should have same for peer ID. You will also need to have both sides in aggressive mode as well (default is main mode).  In this case Azure should be initiating tunnel all the time. The sample config on PA looks like this Captured.PNG

Hello David, James,

currently I'm trying to setup the VPN connection with Azure. But I'm having trouble with the basic setup of the IPSec connection.

Can you share with me a configuration of the IPsec setup to Azure?

Thanks

Rob

• 3 replies
  • 1 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!