Policies for Students

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Policies for Students

L1 Bithead

Greetigns

So when our Palo was originally set up we created a policy for Students and for Staff.

In the student policy > Application. ANY has been unchecked and a custom group has been selected.

STUDENT-DOMAIN-APPS which is found under Objects > Application Groups which has a rather long list of applications selected.

We then after that created a new policy STREAMING that has another list of apps in it, basically to allow the student access to streaming sites.

What i want to accomplish is have students have good access to internet services, but limit thier streaming access, something like YouTube is okay but netflix is not, but at the same time not give them access to every other streaming service in excistance.

Is there a good way to accomplish this.

Sorry if this seems a tad basic, I am self taught with the Palo, so i dont always know the best way to do something.

Thank you.

4 REPLIES 4

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

Hello,

If you have the URL filter license, you can accomplish it that way but explicitly allowing or denying certain sites regardless of category. Some you can do by application.

Check out https://paloaltonetworks.csod.com/ its free training.

Hope that helps.

Morning

🙂

Yes I recently Discovered that resource, Like monday of this week, after some months of asking local suppliers and support people how where i could learn more about Palo Alto Specifically.

Still need to start going through all that.

We are properly licenced as far as I know.

I have discovered that few people seem to grasp the complexity that schools need. 

Which is why I am here to see how other people do things, and try to get practical real world Examples.

Hello,

We are here to help! Just keep posting :).

Cheers!

L0 Member

Hello,

I'm a TA in a bilingual middle school. We're planning to start a K-12 cybersecurity camp. Could you please explain more about E-Rate funding program by Palo Alto Networks for schools? What are the requirements and discounts?

Ben Blodgett

https://www.paloaltonetworks.com/security-for/industry/education/k-12/e-rate https://proessays.org

• 4 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!