Port 4500 ipsec/udp traffice

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Port 4500 ipsec/udp traffice

L4 Transporter

How do I check to see it the PA is dropping port 4500 traffic?

36 REPLIES 36

the only thing I need to rule out is that it is being blocked by the PA and I am trying to find the best way to verify that

NO, It's not blocked by PAN. Your VPN gateway ( SonicWALL) is not accepting the IKE messages. The issue is not related to PAN.

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Thats what I told the vendor what information from the PA would definitely show that its not being blocked by the PA

So the ike 500  that is being sent from the fortinet behind our PA has to be accepted by the 3rd party device for the 4500/ipsec/udp traffic/tunnel to be built

Yes,  You are absolutely correct.

Is there any information that can show the vendor that the PA is not blocking the traffice 500 or 4500?

Previously mentioned "session details"  will be enough to prove, PAN is not dropping the packet. Moreover, your vendor should know the working functionality of VPN in conjunction with NAT-T.

Thanks

• 36 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!