PPPoA config for UK

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

PPPoA config for UK

L0 Member

I'm configuring a PA-200 for deployment to England. I will not be on-site when the device is cabled, so I must be sure all configs are good beforehand.

England uses PPPoA instead of PPPoE.

Using the WebGUI, if I go to the IPv4 tab on the Ethernet Interface window, I see a radial button for making a PPPoE connection but nothing for PPPoA.

At the office, the British Telecom DSL circuit will first hit a DSL modem in Bridged mode (pass through) before getting to the PA-200.

With that in mind, should I just go ahead and configure the router for PPPoE?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Dan O.

2 REPLIES 2

L2 Linker

I searched for a feature request regarding PPPoA and did not find one. I would recommend speaking with the local Palo Alto Networks Sales Engineer to generate a feature request if this will be something that needed at additional sites.

In the interim - this Discussion - PPPoA - describes a work around to convert the traffic so that PA-200 can authenticate.

James Costello
Global Solutions Architect, NGFW
Palo Alto Networks

Thanks for your reply. We're going with an inexpensive DSL modem that we're buying in England and that we'll configure for Bridged mode. After speaking with British Telecom support and several PA support techs, I'm fairly confident the PPPoE config on our PA-200 will work.

• 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!