PPPoA

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

PPPoA

L0 Member

Hi All,

hoping you can help with something I'm now too sure about.  I haven't found anything in help or knowledgepoint so far.  I've pre-configure a couple of PA-200's in PPPoE mode (ISP modems in bridge mode) to send to a remote site OS.  I've just had a response from their local ISP sayng that their DSL services will ONLY run PPPoA.  I'm not familiar enough with the differences to dispute that but the sites are OS so it's a bit hard to confirm at the moment.  So... I'm wondering if there's any way to get the PA-200's to run a compatibale PPPoA connection?  Ive never come across anytime I couldn't just use either.

Thanks,

Steve.

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

Not applicable

PPPoA is PPP over ATM which is not something we support I believe. You would need a bridge to convert the frame relay back to ethernet and then connect the firewall.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Not applicable

PPPoA is PPP over ATM which is not something we support I believe. You would need a bridge to convert the frame relay back to ethernet and then connect the firewall.

Thanks for the confirmation.  I feared that would be the case, but had the same thought as you have mentioned about converting to PPPoE and found this device which I think should do the trick.  Draytek Vigor120 http://www.draytek.com.au/products.php?type=dv120 - looks like it was made specifically for the situation I'm facing.

It does seem to be a good solution for you. Would have been easier if your ISP's demark device would support ethernet.

• 1 accepted solution
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!