PPTP VPN can not be connected to external devices

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

PPTP VPN can not be connected to external devices

L0 Member

I have built a VPN server in company domain and I have tried to connect it in the domain computer. Now I need it can be connected to external computer. I have search many information in Internet to know how to do this setting in firewall. But it still not work. Please help me to solve this problem.
below is the NAT rules and security rules I set in firewall.

NAT rules:
source zone: Untruest(Internet), destination zone: Untruest(Internet) , destination address: 213.108.200.93 (WAN address), source address : any , service : any, source translation : none , Destination. translation : 172.31.7.8(VPN server address).

Security rules:

source zone: Untruest(Internet), source address: any, source user: any, destination zone: Untruest, destination address: 213.108.200.93, application: gre & pptp, service: any , action: allow

It's correct setting? Please help.
Thank you so much!

2 REPLIES 2

L6 Presenter

Destination zone in security policy must be post-NAT zone.

Sorry for late reply.

Should I change the policy as below?

source zone: Untruest(Internet), destination zone: Truest(LAN) , destination address: 213.108.200.93 (WAN address), source address : any , service : any, source translation : none , Destination translation : 172.31.7.8(VPN server address).

• 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!