Printing Settings

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Printing Settings

L3 Networker

Hello,

Is there a way I could print our Objects - Security Profiles - URL Filtering - profiles? We have 10 so far and I expect this to grow again this year.  I would like to print them so our Administration Office can compare and evauate each profile for the new scahool year.

FNichelson

1 REPLY 1

Not applicable

You could enter the CLI command show config running xpath devices/entry/vsys/entry/profiles/url-filtering.  This will return the URL Filtering profiles from your configuration.  You could then copy the text to a document to print.

Another options would be to use the RESTful API to retrieve the same data.  KnowledgePoint document 1031 (https://live.paloaltonetworks.com/docs/DOC-1031)  explains how to use this.  Focus on the Key Generation section and the Retrieve section under the Device Configuration header.  Use the same xpath statement with the URI string:  devices/entry/vsys/entry/profiles/url-filtering.  Note that this path is for a single VSYS firewall.  You'll need to modify the path if you're using a multi-vsys system.

A third option would be to export the configuration file, locate the URL Filtering profiles under "devices/entry/vsys/entry/profiles/url-filtering", copy them to a text file and print that.

Best Regards,

Jared

• 1 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!