Problem in making palo alto test lab

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Problem in making palo alto test lab

L0 Member

Dears ,

i installed palo alto ova and windows xp client and host is windows 10 , i am trying to make a test lab using cbtnuggets and my configuration as the following :

1- windows XP is on VMnet3 and has IP : 10.3.3.11/24

2- i added all VMnet to palo alto virtual machine to be able to make inside , DMZ and outside

3- i configured interface 1/1 in the same range of windows XP client : 10.3.3.10/24 , VR is default , Zone : inside

4- Host VMnet 3 IP is : 10.3.3.1/24

5- MAC addresses are different

6- palo alto able to ping google.com

issue is : host and XP can't ping palo alto interface 1/1 although host and XP can ping each other

i tried to use different VMnet still the same issue , tried to configure other interface in palo alto with different IP even in outside also can't ping

please i want your fast response and help

5 REPLIES 5

L6 Presenter

Is mgmt profile attached and allowing ping to the interface 1/1?

L3 Networker

Hi Mate, 

Just remember when setting the interfaces up, the first one is managment, second is 1/1, third is 1/2

paloVM.JPG

best regards, 

Rob 

Have a look at EVE-NG, its slighty easier than GNS3 for integrating a Palo. You don't have to worry about playing about with specific VMNIC mappings etc.

l love GNS3 but never heard about this  EVE-NG project.  Something new today! Thanks 

L4 Transporter

Hi Ahmed,

If you are sure about the vmware configurations then you need to enable some feature for PA VM only in order to be able to ping from the XP client to PA trust interface:

pa error.PNG

Without enabling this you won't be able to ping from your host to the trust interface of PA VM.

You can find it in Device> Setup> Management> General Settings.

Let me know if that worked with you!

Regards,

Sharief

Regards,
Sharief
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!