Problem in receiving email

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Problem in receiving email

Not applicable

Hi,

I face a problem with the smtp app. currently my PA500 do not set any deny action.

However, I facing a huge delay when receive the email through the SMTP. Sometimes, the can receive the email and need to replace the PAN to other firewall or router.

When i use other firewall/router to replace the PAN PA500, i did not face this issue.

I wonder if anyone facing this when implementing PAN.

2 REPLIES 2

L3 Networker

Hello,

If you have already eliminated the possibility of a application identification issue by removing all the applications on the policy

I suspect this may be a routing issue, you should confirm the session table entries from the cli and possibly pull pcaps  from the mail server to make sure that it is sending traffic back to the PAN interface correctly.

Regards,

Gary S.

Hi Gary,

The strange thing is the this issue do not happen to all the user, only certain user at certain time.

If this is the routing issue, think we are not receiving email at all. Correct me if im wrong.

In this enviroment, we only have 2  interface, trust and untrust, where the route are the default route to the untrust interface.

How can we do a testing on this ?

Thanks.

• 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!