Problem updating software

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Problem updating software

L1 Bithead

Hi,

I have a brand new PA-200 that for some reason refuses to update it's software.

This is the error I get when I try:

"Successfully downloaded
Preloading into software manager
Image File Authentication Error
Failed to load into software manager. Please retry.
Post processing failed. Please retry."

Does anyone know what could be wrong?

Thanks

mario;

5 REPLIES 5

L6 Presenter

Login in with CLI and look if you have any pending failed jobs that might block your update?

Also when you want to upgrade into 4.1.x from 4.0.x or older you should first install 4.1.0 and then reboot followed by installing the latest in the 4.1 branch (I think its currently 4.1.4).

L5 Sessionator

Hi Mario,

It looks like you've run into a known issue we've found on our side. What version were you on before the upgrade, and what version are you upgrading to?

Regardless, A work-around is to goto the software page in the Webui, and Reinstall your current software version. After you reinstall, try the upgrade again, it should work.

I believe this is an issue they're still investigating, but you can easily use the workaround until a fix is released.

Thanks,

Jason Seals

Thanks for answering.

I was in a bit of a hurry, as I was preparing the device for deployment, and ended up doing a factory reset. After that the upgrade went without any issues. I was a bit suprised that it worked, but when you are in a hurry you can't be stopped by such details 🙂

br

mario;

Fyi,  This  happening under conditions when there was some query going on and the key file is being written simultaneously and thus changing/corrupting the the ssh key. The permanent fix for this will be in 4.0.12 which is targeted to be available the week of 6-11-2012.

thank so much

• 5 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!