PXE boot

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

PXE boot

L2 Linker

I'm trying to get pxe boot to work through the firewall. Now options 66 and 67 are available in palos dhcp server but I can't get it to work anyway.

Besdies normal dhcp options I've setup option 66 with IP and ip-address and option 67 with ASCII and \path\bootfile

I have a sec pol with any any to the sccm server.

All I can see is tftp traffic hitting the gateway, no traffic trying to hit the sccm server at all.

So I'm thinking I've setup the dhcp server wrong.

Any ideas?

11 REPLIES 11

L3 Networker

> By any chance are you using DHCP relay ?

Nope.

I have on other interfaces but here I have a server.

Are you saying that you have configured dhcp server somewhere on your network and firewall is droping some dhcp traffic? I think you need to configure dhcp replay and create proper security policies.

No I'm saying that I've configured Palos own dhcp server with custom options 66 and 67.

Few suggestions that you may try:

> Remove any App Over-ride policy

> Remove QoS if you have it config

Nothing of those in place.

Just to clarify. Client gets ip, dns etc from palos dhcp server. Lease is 192.168.0.100/24 gw 192.168.0.1 (palo). Option 66 says 192.168.1.23.

Only traffic I can see is udp/69 with destination 192.168.0.1.

Try dhcp option 66 with ASCII and type the hostname of the tftp server not the ip address.

I have already tried that but no go I'm afraid.

Configure only option 66 first and don't configure option 67 check if only option 66 is working or not. Take pcap on the firewall you will get to know if firewall is sending packets with proper option or not.

Did you guys managed to find a solution for this?

Sorry late reply...

No we didn't and it was only for testing purposes so we didn't put that much effort into it.

• 11 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!