QoS Configuration

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

QoS Configuration

L4 Transporter

Hi All,

I am new to QoS config on Palo. We need to limit BW for the users passing the particular interface. Users from internal network to internet facing interface they should be limit to 2Meg. Is this config possible? Any KB article that suggests this kind of config please.

Regards,

Sanjay S

5 REPLIES 5

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@Sanjay_Ramaiah,

To the best of my knowledge, per-user QoS limits are still not implemented at this time. You can limit/reserve bandwidth across the interface, but you can't do it on a per-user basis, just as an aggregate across the entire interface. 

Thank you Bpry,

Aggregate here means that any user passing the interface should only get 2MB not more than that, is my understanding correct? 

Regards,

Sanjay S

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

Aggregate means that all user traffic combined can be limited to 2Mbit but you can't permit 2Mbit per user.

Enterprise Architect, Security @ Cloud Carib Ltd
Palo Alto Networks certified from 2011

Thank you Raido.

Is it possible to limit the bandwidth for the users connecting from particular subnet? I mean limit the bandwidth for the entire subnet?

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

Hello,

This is possible:

Source Subnet—Select a subnet to restrict the settings to traffic coming from that source, or keep the default any to apply the settings to any traffic from the specified interface.

OtakarKlier_0-1686928501640.png

However its probably best to have a company policy to block the sites via URL filtering.

Just a thought.

• 5 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!