QoS on Aggregate (AE) interface

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

QoS on Aggregate (AE) interface

L2 Linker

Hi, I am using PAN 7.0.3.  I got two GigaE interface to form the AE Interface, however, I cannot set the Max Egress value more than 1000. 

And also, from the QoS Statistics and never seen the runtime bandwidth goes more than 1000. If so, it looks meaningless to us for the aggregaated interface to have 2GBps.

7 REPLIES 7

L4 Transporter

Hi Koala,

QoS is supported on aggregate interfaces in version 7. Though it does look like 1000 is the max egress you can configure. It would be worth opening up a feature request with your SE to request this be increased.

regards,

Ben

Even I configured "0" in the max exgress (i believe it mean no limit), the traffic was limited to 1Gps in the AE interface. look like a bug.

Aggregate interface (similarly to LACP and Etherchannel) does not spread single stream over multiple links.

Try to generate traffic between multiple source/destination.

In this case some traffic will use one link and other traffic other link and aggregate is more that 1Gbit/s.

Enterprise Architect, Security @ Cloud Carib Ltd
Palo Alto Networks certified from 2011

form the MRTG, observed the traffic in both aggregated interface was saturated at 500Mbps....so the entire AE interface only get 1Gbps .....weird

I am using PA-3050, even i cannot set the value of the max egress more than 1000. but that profile would applied to AE interface....Orz.

Capture.PNG

I am using PA-3050, even i cannot set the value of the max egress more than 1000. but that profile would applied to AE interface....Orz.

Capture.PNG

We got a reply from PA Tech as below.....unbelieveable...a 4Gbps throughtput PA-3050 get the limitation at 1Gbps....

===========================================================================

For the details of the bug. Engineering clarified that 1000Mbps is the maximum QoS bandwidth for 3050 platform.

This bug was marked "won’t fix" so no fix to make it 2G

===========================================================================

• 7 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!