QoS profile: Egress Max of Tunneled Traffic + Egress guaranteed of Clear(Regular) Text Traffic > Egress Max of Interface

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

QoS profile: Egress Max of Tunneled Traffic + Egress guaranteed of Clear(Regular) Text Traffic > Egress Max of Interface

L1 Bithead

Hi all,

I have some Platform: PA-850, PA-820, ...

I have configure QoS profile and apply QoS profile to interface (ethernet1/1) as attach files.

When configure QoS profile then: Egress Max of Tunneled Traffic + Egress guaranteed of Clear(Regular) Text Traffic > Egress Max of Interface

But, some Platforms then commit -> OK, some Platform then commit -> error.

Could you help me resolve this problem and explain to our customer 🙂

QoS profile_OK.PNGQoS setting_OK.PNGQoS error.PNG

Thanks,

ThomasX

Thomas
1 REPLY 1

L5 Sessionator

In Bangkok_Office_QoS policy, you have set the max and guaranteed to be 50Mbps. 

You attached that profile to both a tunnel, AND cleartext traffic. However, you have only allocated 50 Mbps for Eth1/1 when you need at least 100 (the sum of both types of traffic you are using the QoS feature for).

See attached photo examples. In my example, my maximum egress on eth1/3 needs to be at least 500Mbps to support the 250 maximum of each cleartext/tunnel QoS. However, if you don't set a maximum, then you will need the sum to be at least the guaranteed egress, in my case, 400 Mbps. 

Be sure you enable QoS only on egress interfaces, and that the maximum bandwidth doesn't exceed the ISP perimeter pipe, also.  See here for other examples, where you will see the sum of guaranteed/max egresses profiles do not exceed what is allocated on the interface. 

Screen Shot 2021-03-30 at 10.02.00 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-03-30 at 9.58.39 AM.pngScreen Shot 2021-03-30 at 9.59.08 AM.png

Help the community! Add tags and mark solutions please.
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!