I would like to configure QoS for our Internet data lines on our PA-220s as follows:
- Internet line could be up to 100Mbps.
- I would like to guarantee at least 1 Mbps to SAP
- I would like to guarantee at least 2 Mbps to Office365
- Give the rest to Internet Browsing.
SAP and Offrice365 policies are already setup and match traffic.
I have two main objectives:
1) Let the three services share the entire bandwidth but guarantee that Internet Browsing doesn't impact on vital service performances.
2) Standardize the configuration. It means that I would like to avoid the customizzation on any PA-220 that configure the peak bandwidth of any branch. It could be 10, 30, 50, 100. I just want that internet browing doesn't impact vital services so it can get the whole remaing bandwidth if available.
Do you have any suggest?
The basic setup instructions are outlined in this document.
But the one thing to bear in mind is that you can only control the egress traffic. And on internet links frequently the issue will be with the ingress traffic being what is overwhelming the pipe. So while this helps, it won't solve all capacity issues.
Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.
The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!
These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!
The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!