QOS URL Filter Category

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

QOS URL Filter Category

Not applicable

Is it possible to apply QOS to a set of URL categories?  If yes, is there a document I can go to to figure out how to implement.  If no, is that something that would be valuable to to other users out there.

Thanks

Rob

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

L4 Transporter

Hi Rob,

Yes with version 4.1 you able to use the URL filter category as one of the criteria to setup QoS on those categories. You can use the predefined categories or create your own URL categories to address QoS.

You can do this by setting up the QoS and include the categories you want and then assign a class to it.

Marcel

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

L4 Transporter

Hi Rob,

Yes with version 4.1 you able to use the URL filter category as one of the criteria to setup QoS on those categories. You can use the predefined categories or create your own URL categories to address QoS.

You can do this by setting up the QoS and include the categories you want and then assign a class to it.

Marcel

L6 Presenter

Searching through PAN-OS_4.1_CLI_Reference_Guide.pdf it seems that destination based on ip address is supported along with application. Couldnt find any words of if one can use URL category for QoS.

Indirect you could do this by create a QoS who acts on applications (or even custom applications) but that will be somewhat limited.

A custom application would work if you have something like "http-host: *.example.com" or similar.

I think creating QoS based on URL-categories would be handy. On the other hand it would be somewhat similar to create this based on an application filter or application group (for example if you wish to put video-feeds into a lower QoS for Internet).

Thanks I am on 4.0... and was looking for an excuse to upgrade... thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

Rob

L3 Networker

Hi Rob,

Just to show you where it's done: When you create a new QoS policy, it's under the Service/URL Category tab.

QoS.png

Alex

Thanks... I wasn't able to see that tab because I am on 4.0... train.  Thanks for the visual

• 1 accepted solution
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!