real ip mapping

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

real ip mapping

Not applicable

hell

i have a subnet of real IP address for example (84.85.86.1/28) and to reach this subnet i have a connectiosn from the serrvice provider with the following wan ip  for example (90.91.92.1) .

i configured the Palo with the real ip 90.91.92.1 and i have no problem in internet browsing and everything is working fine.

i want to use the subnet (84.85.86.1/28) over paloalto to map it the ips of this subnet into different services localy, but i want to keep all of this inside this paloalto device only.

is this possible , and how it can be done?

Regards,

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

L6 Presenter

Hi...Your ISP should have a route entry for net 84.85.86.1/28 use next-hop 90.91.92.1.  On the PA device you can assign a 2nd IP 84.85.86.1/28 to the same interface of 90.91.92.1, and create inbound/outbound NAT rules as needed to map the 84.85.86.x IPs to your private IPs.

Thanks.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

L6 Presenter

Hi...Your ISP should have a route entry for net 84.85.86.1/28 use next-hop 90.91.92.1.  On the PA device you can assign a 2nd IP 84.85.86.1/28 to the same interface of 90.91.92.1, and create inbound/outbound NAT rules as needed to map the 84.85.86.x IPs to your private IPs.

Thanks.

Do one have to assign that 2nd iprange to an interface on PA for NAT to work?

I tried with your instruction but it didn't work, i have to mention that the interface that use the ip address 90.91.92.1 use vlan tagging.

i added the subnet 84.85.86.1/28 to the interface as you mentioned and create a NAT policy as following

Tag none
source zone: internet
destination zone : local
destination interface :any
source address : any
destination address :test1
services: any
source translation :none
destination:address:test2

test1 is an ip address from the rane 84.85.86.1/28
test2 is a local host address

i tested tracing to the true subnet from internet and it show the proper path till reaching my WAN ip

• 1 accepted solution
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!