remote vpn on iphone and android config?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

remote vpn on iphone and android config?

L2 Linker

i successfully configured remote vpn client for windows to function but the customer is asking for vpn using mobile phones? would it work with the exist configuration? or does it need other kind of configuration? does the mobile phone pull the client from the palo alto as well?

4 REPLIES 4

L7 Applicator

the portal and gateway config will work for all devices.

ios devices can get the client from app store.

Android can get from google apps.

the firewall does not provide the clients and you will need an extra gateway license for mobile devices such as phones and IPads

L4 Transporter

Adding to this...

You can connect to the VPN without the client but you hav eto enable Xauth support 

Details:

https://knowledgebase.paloaltonetworks.com/KCSArticleDetail?id=kA10g000000ClkhCAC

it worked! thanx but i dont understand what difference is between doing it this way and the licensed mobile devices vpn?

is xauth relieble? i dont want to get stuck in the future with alot of technical vpn issues?

@chuckles,

X-Auth is generally harder to talk a user through and can break from device to device due to the different implentations that vendors utilize, so you do potentially have a bigger support overhead. You also lose out on a fair number of features that you could utilize in the GP app that you can't utilize on an X-Auth client. The GP App is also generally more secure than enabling X-Auth support. 

• 4 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!