Reporting on User downloads and uploads

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Reporting on User downloads and uploads

Not applicable

Greetings,

Disclaimer:  Our regular Network Engineer is out on short term disability so I am the Sr. Systems Administrator trying to fill in.  Palo Alto reporting is not my everyday thing so I apologize in advance if this request seems to a bit basic

I have been tasked with providing a report that shows "download and upload activity" for a particular user.   The user activity report was Ok but was a bit too much in the raw format for my audience.   The problem here is I need to extend the scope beyond known applications (such as ftp, dropbox, skydrive) etc. as this activity may extend beyond that.  What are some of the custom attributes that I should include to capture all of the data.   I am currently using the fields below:

Available Columns:

Filename

Source User

IP Protocol

Destination Address

Hour

Repeat Count

Source Address

Query Builder:

Using Detailed Logs
Data Filtering Log or Traffic

Type = File

User = UserID

This report is coming up completely empty even if I extend it to 365 days.   Any suggestions of guidance would be appreciated!

0 REPLIES 0
  • 0 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!