Round Robin NAT?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Round Robin NAT?

L0 Member

Hello,

I'm running PANOS 4.0.11 and I'd like to be able to set NAT to round robin between 2 servers in the DMZ.  We would have a single public IP round robin NAT'd to two internal IPs.  Is this possible on 4.0?  How would I accomplish this?

Thanks,

Ian

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

L6 Presenter

Ian,

This is not possible on 4.0 or.4.1. I see that you would like to load balance between two internal servers with NAT, but this is not possible. You can create different NAT rules for different source ip addresses to get translated to different internal servers, but again this kind of setup is not true round robin load sharing.

Thanks,
Sandeep T

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

L6 Presenter

Ian,

This is not possible on 4.0 or.4.1. I see that you would like to load balance between two internal servers with NAT, but this is not possible. You can create different NAT rules for different source ip addresses to get translated to different internal servers, but again this kind of setup is not true round robin load sharing.

Thanks,
Sandeep T

L3 Networker

The obvious answer is to use round robin DNS, but since your asking the question, there must be some limitation on IP address resources.  Still w/out the use of some sort of reverse proxy technology you would need more address space.  Maybe you could get more IP space, or if you have any old servers laying around, run Linux and use Squid, Apache or any of the other free Linux packages available to do the heavy lifting for you.

If you have the money, F5 simply rocks the house Smiley Happy

Cheers,

Mike

L0 Member

Thank you both for your replies.  I am going to use an additional IP to resolve.

• 1 accepted solution
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!