Safe Search Enforcement - Office Clip Art

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Safe Search Enforcement - Office Clip Art

L3 Networker

I don't know if anybody else has seen this, but we have safe search enforcement turned on (and I don't plan on turning it off) and Microsoft has moved all the clip art to Bing. When you try to add clip art from within MS Word and search for "cat" the search gets blocked at the PA and none of the thumbnails are returned. It makes sense because Word is making a search directly to bing.com and "strict" search is not turned on. It doesn't matter if I have IE running and turned strict search on at bing, so still get blocked because Word seems like it's search directly and is not leveraging IE.

I don't know if there is really an answer besides turning off safe search enforcement, but I figured I'd see if anybody else has seen this and how they dealt with it. We're a K-12 school.

-Brad
1 REPLY 1

L5 Sessionator

Hi bbilut,

do you perhaps have pcap of such query (if not, can you collect it?) I think you can craft a custom app and allow it in a separate security policy based on regex of the URL requested. If you can collect pcap you can probably work it out, and if you need help let us see the example of the get request.

Regards

• 1 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!