Safe search not being recognized.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Safe search not being recognized.

L2 Linker

Hi Team,

Customer has a policy that enforces google safe search.

However when he goes to http://images.google.com/hosted/life and search,

he receives a blocked message as included at end.

When clicking the URL for preferences we see Safe search option already ON,

but the block page still decides that the safe search option is OFF.

The issue is that blocked message that indicates safe search is not turned on even though it is.

Please assist on this. 

Contents seen on Block Page

"

Search Blocked

User: admin

Your search results have been blocked because your search settings are not in accordance with company policy. In order to continue, please update your search settings so that Safe Search is set to the strictest setting. If you are currently logged into your account, please also lock Safe Search and try your search again.

For more information, please refer to: http://images.google.com/preferences

Please contact your system administrator if you believe this message is in error.

"

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@sprasad,

Out of curiosity does the filter '"search term" source:life' (example: Palo Alto Networks source:life) work for the user directly on the Google Images page. 

The LIFE project is kind of out of date and isn't really maintained by Google anymore. The project was actually built out prior to SafeSearch being a thing; and therefore the firewall is likely not seeing whatever it triggers on to know that SafeSearch is enabled. If you use the filter it should simply pull from LIFE and you shouldn't have any issues with the SafeSearch policy. 

I know this is more of a work around than a solution, but I don't think you're going to get a true fix for this one. 

Hi BPry,

My understanding on safe search is limited, hence didn't get your first point about where to filter using the "search term"source:life' . 

If you use the filter it should simply pull from LIFE and you shouldn't have any issues with the SafeSearch policy. 

I know this is more of a work around than a solution, but I don't think you're going to get a true fix for this one. 

Here the filter is the google search one?

Could you help me.

@sprasad,

Right, so in the Google Search box on the main images.google.com site you would simply put in the example that I gave you, and the images would return directly from the LIFE data and nowhere else. This will enable the users to recieve the images solely from LIFE and nothing else, and they won't run into the safe search error. 

A more apt example may be 'Dogs source:life', as this would actually return all of the images of Dogs in the LIFE image repository. 

• 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!