is it possible to schedule a reboot on a PA-200? I like to schedule a reboot on specific time.
The firewall is connected to a DSL modem. Our ISP cuts the connection every 24 hours. The interruption of the connection should not occure during business hours.
- The command to restart the system is 'request restart system'.
- You can use the XML API to send the above command in the following format:
- An external script can be setup that sends the above API call every 24 hours to the firewall.
- Additional details on the API can be found at the following link:
- The 'DevCenter' community may also have some custom scripts that the users on the community may have put together.
Hope this helps.
Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.
The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!
These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!
The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!