Scheduled reboot of device

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Scheduled reboot of device

Not applicable

Hi,

Is it possible to schedule a reboot at a specific time.

I do know there is a manual reboot, but I thought It would make life easier if I could keep a scheduled reboot of the device to a specific time

like at midnight.

Any options via CLI or something.

Rgds,

Tauseef

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

L4 Transporter

Unfortunately at the moment you can't schedule the reboot via CLI or WebUI, but you could set up another machine do some flavor of cron job which could ssh or telnet into the appliance and reboot for you.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

L4 Transporter

Unfortunately at the moment you can't schedule the reboot via CLI or WebUI, but you could set up another machine do some flavor of cron job which could ssh or telnet into the appliance and reboot for you.

Can we add this as a feature request please.

L1 Bithead

A year on and as a new customer of this product was surprised that this feature was not already available, most products I use have this feature be it cisco, watchguard etc.

And saying get an external device to do the work, well what a cop out!!!, so get the feature added stop messing about.

Did you file this yet as a feature request through your Sales Engineer at PA?

Yes I have now passed this back to PA via my Sales Engineer, I have also asked him to ask for a change so we can all simply put our feature requests in via a portal they should make it much easer than it currently is.

The PA firewalls are very stable, I have to admit that. However, we recognized that commit times improve if we restart the two services below from time to time. It would be nice if a schedule on the box could do the job once a week or so...

debug software restart device-server

debug software restart management-server

Agreed, the current process is very difficult. Wouldn't it mean more to PA if the request came directly from the customer and not through a PA employee? Why do all services require a middle man these days?

When can we have a scheduled reboot? Are we there yet?

What could be the script to be scheduled via cron?
I would try this. Suggestions?

#!/bin/sh
sshpass -p "mypassword" ssh user@firewall.yyy.com << "request restart system"

L1 Bithead

10+ years later and still no scheduled reboot feature. Paloalto is disappointing me.

• 1 accepted solution
  • 10 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!