SFP Compatibility

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

SFP Compatibility

L1 Bithead

Hi everyone, Good day. I have a query regarding the compatibility between a PA-3020 management port (ethernet) connected through an ethernet cable to a Cisco switch with SFP port. A transceiver is in place at the switch end for plugging the ethernet cable. Currently when it is connected not even the link LEDs are glowing. The specifications for the Cisco switch and the transceiver device are below:

Cisco 4509:
Blade Model - WS-X4624-SFP-E
Code - cat4500e-universalk9.SPA.03.06.03.E.152-2.E3.bin
SFP (optic) - GLC-T-LL 1000Base-T SFP and SFP-GB-GE-T 1000Base-T SFP 100m

Thank you.

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

L2 Linker

I did a little digging, and I found https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/interfaces_modules/transceiver_modules/compatibility/matrix/GE...

This has the compatability matrix for cisco switches and tranceavers. 

I did not find the GLC-T-LL, or GB-GE-T but I did find the GLC-T and GE-T. 

You might need to run the unsupported tranceaver commands on the switch, but I would check the logs on the switch to verify it says its unsupported, or not. 

no errdisable detect cause gbic-invalid

or

service unsupported-transceiver

As far as the Palo compatibility, it should matter what is on the other end, since its just an ethernet connection. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

L2 Linker

I did a little digging, and I found https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/interfaces_modules/transceiver_modules/compatibility/matrix/GE...

This has the compatability matrix for cisco switches and tranceavers. 

I did not find the GLC-T-LL, or GB-GE-T but I did find the GLC-T and GE-T. 

You might need to run the unsupported tranceaver commands on the switch, but I would check the logs on the switch to verify it says its unsupported, or not. 

no errdisable detect cause gbic-invalid

or

service unsupported-transceiver

As far as the Palo compatibility, it should matter what is on the other end, since its just an ethernet connection. 

Thank you for the response @Kaje. We have the commands in place in the cisco switch and is working when connecting to cisco switches or routers but it is not responding only on PA-3020. 

Hi,

Any idea about 10GB SFP+ with 3020 Box???

Thanks,

Lakshitha

• 1 accepted solution
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!