Shared Objects - Addresses and Address Groups

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Shared Objects - Addresses and Address Groups

L4 Transporter

I want to not have devices share objects for addresses and address groups, so I unchecked this option the panorama settings, but before I did that there were some objects created, but now I cannot remove them from the device templates I dont want them on.

I get the error:

1- Failed to delete Address - Internal_Lab.
  °  Internal_Lab cannot be deleted because of references from:
  °  shared -> address-group -> InternalNetworks -> static

There is not a "shared" option in device group for addresses? How do I remove these?

1 REPLY 1

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@s.williams1,

1) Have you tried deleting this by simply issueing the proper CLI command instead of the GUI? Sometimes when you disable features like this the GUI simply flags that section of the configuration and won't let you touch it, while the CLI is perfectly capable of modifying the value because it doesn't do the same level of 'checks' on the system.

2) If that doesn't work I would look through the XML config file and delete out the objects you need to along with all other references and load the modified config file. I don't really recommend doing it this way if you aren't comfortable working directly with the configuration file though. 

• 1 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!