Site login failing

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Site login failing

L0 Member

I registered here to reply to a forum topic and post my own issue, and the only way I can login to this site is to reset my password.  The user name I registered was all lower-case characters, but the profile link shows it in Proper Case with the first character and the character after the dash in upper case.  I've tried logging in with both user names.  I'm certain I'm entering the correct password, but it always says "Username or password provided is incorrect."  I initially registered with a 9-character password, so that one obviously had to be changed, but shouldn't it have failed the password requirements during registration?? 

cz
2 REPLIES 2

Community Team Member

Hi @z-anon are you still having issues? 

LIVEcommunity team member
Stay Secure,
Jay
Don't forget to Like items if a post is helpful to you!

Please help out other users and “Accept as Solution” if a post helps solve your problem !

Read more about how and why to accept solutions.

Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello! Over the past few weeks we have been upgrading the sites security and changing SSO processes. This is why the system requested you update your password to something more secure. 

The username displayed here inside of LIVEcommunity would be the same username you see at support.paloaltonetworks.com . If you would like your username to be changed here inside of LIVEcommunity you can log into the support portal to change your username. With SSO enabled we use the information from the support portal on your profile.

Please let me know if this helps to explain everything for you and have a great day!

• 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!