SLL Forward Decryption and Spotify

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

SLL Forward Decryption and Spotify

L3 Networker

Hi All,

Today I decided to implement SLL Forward decryption. Everything is working great except for one thing, Spotify.  I know what you'll say, "You allow spotify?. Yes, but just for me. With decryption disabled spotify works fine, with it enabled it just skips through all the song in my playlist. Any idea what could be causing this?

Just another I.T. Guy

2 REPLIES 2

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@VincentPresogna,

If you are enabling something just for yourself, you're doing it wrong. Don't put yourself above policies you impose on other staff.

With that out of the way; check your logs and see what isn't being allowed, as Spotify itself doesn't do anything that prevents it from being decrypted. Ensure that you've enabled logging on the interzone-default policy, and you should see that something isn't being allowed in your rulebase. 

Thanks BPry. It was a joke about "just me". I assume if it's affecting me, it's affecting everyone one else since it's a global policy.

With that out of the way; I agree, enabling SSL decrytption shouldn't cause anything with spotify, that's the weird part. I have logging on the interzone-default policy. I'll puruse those logs on Monday when I am in the office.  The interesting part is when playing spotify in a web browser with developer tab open to track what calls are being made, I see different results with SSL enable versus disabled. I haven't tried the spotify app though, just the web browser. I would assume the app behaves the same way, since all it does is make calls to thier website. From my initial looks at the logs I didn't see anything being denied. In the developer trace is do see references to Access-Control-Allow-Origin which is a part of Cross-origin resource sharing. If i find the issue, I'll report back.

Just another I.T. Guy

• 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!