Slow management UI

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Slow management UI

Not applicable

Hi people,

I have a PA-2050 that is extremely slow while navigating the management interface. Why is it so?

Thank you for your help

//Ron

4 REPLIES 4

L6 Presenter

what is OS version ?

2000 series are not too fast but if it was better before you can restart management server and see if any change happens.

Also check system logs if there is something wrong

is there a huge syslog traffic or user-id traffic ?

Also check service route config and see what can cause slowness by debugging all services using MGT interface.

Thank you Panos for the reply.

My PA-reseller says that the PA-2050 are by default slow and I need to go to PA-3000 serie. To me, It sounds like a sale thing but he might be right too.

OS-Ver: 4.1.13

I unfortunately, have started the mgmt-server. The syslog doesn t show anything unusual. It has been this slow since before I installed the U-id...

/R

L6 Presenter

Is mgmtsrvr cpu/memory utilization high during UI navigation? Is IO spiking at high values as well? If so, are you logging both session start and end?

L0 Member

It is my understanding that the management plane on the PA-2000 Series is consistently high due to no dedicated CPU, there are some suggested steps to take to reduce this...

Steps to Reduce MP CPU on PA-2000 Series and PA-4000 Series

• 4 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!