SNMP V3 Configuration

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

SNMP V3 Configuration

L1 Bithead

I notice that there is no example or detail descriptions for configuration of SNMPv3.  Here is my configuration which works but I never got the include/exclude mask to work.  If someone else have an example or recommendations please upload.

set deviceconfig system snmp-setting access-setting version v3 views <snmpview> view <snmpview-oid> oid <OID like 1.3.6.1.2>
set deviceconfig system snmp-setting access-setting version v3 views <snmpview> view <snmpview-oid> option include
set deviceconfig system snmp-setting access-setting version v3 users <snmpuser> authpwd <password>
set deviceconfig system snmp-setting access-setting version v3 users <snmpuser> privpwd <password>
set deviceconfig system snmp-setting access-setting version v3 users <snmpuser> view <snmpview>

set shared log-settings snmptrap snmp-traps version v3 snmpserver local manager <SNMP Server like 192.168.1.1>
set shared log-settings snmptrap snmp-traps version v3 snmpserver local engineid <EngID like 0x01020304050607>
set shared log-settings snmptrap snmp-traps version v3 snmpserver local authpwd <password>
set shared log-settings snmptrap snmp-traps version v3 snmpserver local privpwd <password>
set shared log-settings snmptrap snmp-traps version v3 snmpserver local <snmpuser>

1 REPLY 1

L6 Presenter

There was a bug in panos 4.0.3 which was later fixed in 4.0.5 and it resolves the mask regex. Are you getting an error when setting the include at all?   

• 1 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!