Source user Questions

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Source user Questions

L1 Bithead

Hello!
I am a beginner engineer in Japan.
We need to put it in the hundreds of source users policy this time.
Is there any other way than to input one by one?

5 REPLIES 5

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@eCloud,

Can you expand on your question a bit and describe what you are actually trying to accomplish? 

@BPry 
appreciate sir!

abc100~abc500
I'm trying to create an ACL that allows ID users. I'm typing them in one by one. It's taking too long.
Is there any way?

@eCloud,

Are you pulling in group information from your user-id source, or are you using local users?

If you are pulling in user-id information from something like Active Directory, then you would configure Group Mapping and pull in whatever groups you need to utilize. That way you only need to create a group in AD and that group can be used in your firewall rulebase going forward.

If you are using local users, then you are going to want to create a local user group instead of specifying every individual user across your rulebase. This would either be done manually by adding each individual user, or you would script it through SSH/API so that it didn't take as long. 

appreciate sir!
 unfortunately, I don't have the authority to touch the ad, but thanks to you, I studied a lot.

Hello,

The easiest like BPry mentioned is to use AD groups. Have the AD team create one with the required users. Add the group via the user-id function. Then set your policies to use the AD groups rather than individual users.

Hope that helps.

• 5 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!